Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of our most Frequently Asked Questions.
If you still haven’t found the answer you’re looking for, get in touch below or contact us here.
By offering SmartWage to your employees, you will have:
- Increased your employee retention. Reduce your hiring and training costs.
- Increased employee productivity. Less financial stress for your employees in the workplace means they will be more focused on the task at hand.
- Reduced employee absenteeism. Employees will now have on-demand access to their funds to afford transport to work.
- Increased employee satisfaction and morale.
- Reduced employee debt. Effortlessly take care of your employee’s financial wellbeing.
SmartWage has been built to benefit both the employee and the employer. By offering our solution to your employees, your company will benefit from improved recruitment, productivity, employee engagement and retention of your workforce across the spectrum.
- We gather, store and process data in compliance with the POPI Act and adhere to the highest standards of data security;
- Our terms and conditions are BCEA compliant;
- Our subscription model means we aren’t a credit provider in terms of the NCA;
- Our parameters ensure that we remain up to date with SARB and NPS guidelines on voluntary payroll deductions;
- We take a proactive approach to regulatory matters.
Employees can only access up to 25% of the pay they have actually earned, so when an employee leaves your company they can never access more than the pay that they have accrued (even if they abscond). Once they leave your employment they will no longer be able to access their earnings and any amounts already received via SmartWage will be deducted as normal from their final payslip.
SmartWage integrates seamlessly with your existing HR and payroll software and does not disrupt existing processes. In certain circumstances, we can get you set up in minutes and the setup process requires little to no input from your team. We take care of everything, allowing employees to access their earnings by directly requesting through our communication channels. We also take care of all reconciliations and payroll adjustments, meaning no hassle for your HR and payroll staff.
- SmartWage is an African technology company that enables employers to offer their employees access to earned wages.
- We partner with employers to let their employees track and access a portion of what they have earned when they need it.
- We’ve done the hard work so it’s simple for you to use; whether you’re a salaried, shift or contract worker, SmartWage calculates your earnings as you work so you can withdraw your pay on demand, when you need it.
- You register your profile through USSD and WhatsApp to see how much you have earned and request a portion to be paid directly into your bank account.
No. We only give you access to the pay that you have earned in your current pay cycle. It is not a loan, simply on-demand access to what you have already earned.
No. Because SmartWage is not a loan, it does not impact your credit score.
You can only use SmartWage if your employer has partnered with us. You will have to ask your new employer to offer us as a benefit. Please refer us to your new HR department and we will take care of the rest.
Depending on the time of your request, your money should reflect within a 48hour period of your request. We are working on several solutions to reduce the turnaround time on your requests.
You can access a maximum of 25% of what you’ve earned in a given pay cycle.
As many times as you want, provided the total amount is less than the 25% cap.
We gather, store and process your personal data in compliance with the POPI Act and adhere to the highest standards of data security.